Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

Diagnostic mode on Icon Pro Tachometer

I have a new 2017 E-Tec E90 DPXAFD ( 20 hours ) and a Icon Pro Series Tachometer ( only ). Both were installed by a Platinum Certified E-Tec dealer. First summer has been great.

I want to get into " diagnostic mode " on my Icon but can not do it. I can get into " system " via " edit menu " as explained on page 24. It will shows " system info . Next when I scroll up/down there is no " diag. mode " display shown for me to enter as described on page. 33 ? I'm seeing alarms, mstr. reset, winterize and a bunch more but no " diag. mode "? 

Thanks,

Todd

Admiral

Re: Diagnostic mode on Icon Pro Tachometer

[ Edited ]

What is the part number of your operator's guide?  It will be a 6 or 7 digit number just above the bar code.

What color is the digital display window, green or blue?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Captain

The part number for the Operator's Guide for the 90 hp motor is 216817. The part number for the Icon Pro Series User's Guide is 766075.

On the tachometer the large rpm numbers accross the top etc. are red. The small rectangular digital screen is back lit in BLUE.

Captain

Any word back yet ?

Admiral

Am awaiting still, please be patient.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Captain

Perhaps someone down the line has misplaced my inquiry as it's now been over a month....I'm trying to be patient as you requested.

Thanks,

Todd

Admiral

You are correct. We have not heard back on this. Let me resubmit the inquiry.

Captain

Almost another month has gone by with no response ?

Maybe they think we're nuts ?

What do we do next ?

Thanks,

Todd

Admiral

I did post a response a while back but cannot find it now. I'm very sorry.

The diagnostic mode is not a troubleshooting feature or storage facility. It only comes into use if there is an active fault on the motor to alert the operator. It does not store engine history or anything like that. All service information is kept in the engine's computer memory, the EMM, and can be accessed by a dealer with the proper diagnostic Evinrude software and a laptop.

I hope this helps to explain the feature.

Captain

Thank you..