Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Does my 2002 225HP Ficht have a NMEA connection?

Hello all,

I just joined E-Nation today.  I own several evinrudes some as long as 25 years and didn´t know this forum existed.  Ugh!  Although i love my evinrudes as i´m sure you all know you gotta fix stuff on boats from time to time and being a fix it myself kind of guy i have always struggled to get the info needed to do the repairs.  

Anyway I have a simple question I´m hoping i can get the answer to on here.  I just bought a used boat last year with a 2002 225 Ficht outboard on it.  The engine runs AWESOME although its a bit loud.  Anyway i put new Garmin electronics on the boat and was hoping i could connect the engine gauge data to my screen but to do so the engine must have a NMEA output.  I have no idea if this engine does as i dont have the manuals.  Can someone tell me if it does and if so what kind of NMEA connector and cables will interface with this engine and where on the engine i can find the connector.

Thanks!!!

Captain Jorge Duran

Adventure Charters

"FEAR NO FISH!"

Admiral

Re: Does my 2002 225HP Ficht have a NMEA connection?

There is no NMEA2000 compatibility with the FICHT engine.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.