Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

G2 150 H.O. Icon II pro guages Air temperature reading way off

Is there a way to correct the air temperature reading in the Icon II Pro guages? I have a brand new G2 150 H.O. with these guages and the air temperature reads negative 27 degrees F. Should be around 70. The only settings I can find in the manual and the guages is to change Celcius or Fahrenheit. Everything else seems good on the readings and menus. Love the setup, but a big learning curve coming from a Volvo Penta V8 the last 15 years. Love the forum. Thanks in advance for the input.

Captain

Re: G2 150 H.O. Icon II pro guages Air temperature reading way off

What air temperature reading are you referring to?  Engine data or environmental data?  What is the source of the air temperature data?

Mate

Its an analog sensor. I'm pretty sure Its environmental. Seems to be working but way off. There is also barometric pressure readings that are correct. I just have no idea what lead to follow to find what sensor it is. The other sensors from the engine all have proper readings, pressure, water temp etc.
Highlighted
Captain

It sounds like you are referring to your engine air temperature sensor. A reading of -27f should set a fault code. Most likely cause would be the intake air temp sensor.
Mate

thanks for the reply, I think I'll take it and have it hooked up to the diagnostic for a checkup just to be safe. Evinrude is mailing me a new binnacle that needs to be calibrated anyhow. They can do both hopefully.

Captain

Since I haven't installed many IcoPro gauges I did some reading in the Installation guide and the users guide. It looks like the IconPro speedometer can display air temperature from an optional analog air temperature sensor. The other data that you are getting is engine data that can be monitored (engine temp, water pressure, etc. I suspect that the gauge option to show air temp and barometric pressure are optional environmental data from analog sender's that are not installed. The engine does have air temp and barometric sensors that can be read by the diagnostic program but are for engine EMM use only and not monitored with s gauge.
Mate

That makes sense. I'll double check. The barometric may be way off as well but I'm not familiar with what it should be. That would mean I should just take them off my guages if there are no actual sensors for them. Thanks