Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

G2 Transom Saver

What kind of transom saver do I need to purchase for my new G2?   I don't like the way the motor vibrates and turns while I'm traveling down the road.

thanks

Sam

Admiral

Re: G2 Transom Saver

[ Edited ]

Sorry but no one has ever mentioned that the motor bracket causes the motor to vibrate.

Give Evinrude After Sales Support a call on a weekday -  262-884-5993

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

[ Edited ]
Sam, I talked to guy at Motor Mate and they have one in the works right now but it's not ready to be released. For now I'll just stop ever so often and straighten the engine back up.
Captain

transom saver for 50 hp etec

i am usinfg a transom saver when i trailer my boat as i am not seeing a trailer bracket on my motor. i do use the tilt support when keeeping motor tilted for extended periods of time. model is E50DPLAFB. am i doing thr right thing with this as i am getting ready to make a trip to canasa in early may, thanks
Mate

[ Edited ]

new G-2 bracket.jpgI have a G2 Transom Support Unit (G2 SLS) that I manufacture, all solid aluminum and stainless steel construction with urathane on the bottom rail and a hard nylon tip where it comes in contact with the motor. new G-2 bracket.jpgG2 installed.jpgg2 transom saver.jpg. It is powder coated grey to closely match the motor paint. The price for the unit is $85 plus FREE SHIPPING!! Check Ebay to purchase this part.  Call 615-308-6526 or text if you want me to send a picture. Thanks

Captain

Check out "Lock n Haul". I have one for my G2 and the engine is rock solid. No steering wiggle at all. Jim Smith is the owner.
Ranger Ryan
Mate

MotorMate has a version available for the G2.  I saw it at the FLW Cup.

Admiral

Evinrude has a G2 trailering bracket which will be available shortly

G2 Steering Brace for Trailering  --  # 768606

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.