Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
GEB
Captain
Accepted Solution

List of the NMEA-2000 PGN data that is sent from an E-TEC engine

Hi,

Does Evinrude publish a list of the NMEA - 2000 PNG data that is sent from an E-TEC engine and if so where might I find this information.

I’ve found in my Online searchers that Evinrude make their proprietary PGN’s available under license to device manufacturers but have been unable to find a “public” list such as is provided by most Marine Display manufacturers.

TIA

GEB

Admiral

Re: List of the NMEA-2000 PGN data that is sent from an E-TEC engine

[ Edited ]

I do not think that Evinrude has ever published their private PGN numbers, but since general information such as trim, temp, rpm, voltage, fuel flow, etc. are public record in NMEA documents, those should be easily found. Any proprietary codes would not be.

I believe at some time, if memory serves, that general PGN numbers had been listed in some of the installation or instrument operator's guides for display gauges or screens.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

GEB
Captain

Hi Bill,
Thank you.
GEB
GEB
Captain

Hi Bill,
FYI I have used your response as a reference in this discussion http://www.etecownersgroup.com/post/list-of-pgn-data-provided-by-etec-9600083?pid=1302706344
If you’re not ok with that I will edit my post in that discussion appropriately
Cheers
GEB
Admiral

[ Edited ]

PGN 127488 ‑ Engine Parameters, Rapid Update

-   Engine Instance

-   Engine Speed

-   Engine Trim

PGN 127489 ‑ Engine Parameters, Dynamic

-   Engine Instance

-   Engine Coolant Temp

-   Alternator Potential (Note: Not battery voltage, system - 55 Volts)

-   Fuel Rate

-   Total Engine Hours

-   Engine Coolant Pressure (only if optional sensor installed on engine)

-   Engine Discrete Status 1 and 2

o   Check Engine, Over Temperature, Low Oil Pressure

o   Low Oil Level, Low System Voltage, Water in Fuel

o   Throttle Position Sensor, Engine Emergency Stop Mode

o   Power Reduction, Neutral Start Protect

-   Percent Engine Load (throttle position)

PGN 127508 ‑ Battery Status

-   Battery Instance (matches Engine Instance)

-   Battery Potential

-   Battery Current (charging current supplied by the EMM to the engine and battery only)

PGN 130310 ‑ Environmental Parameters

-   Atmospheric Pressure

G2 engines -  In addition to the above list, the following additional PGNs are supported.

PGN 127505 – Fluid Level

-   All fields

PGN 127493 – Transmission Parameters, Dynamic

-   Transmission Gear

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

GEB
Captain

Hi Bill,
Thank you for that information which I’ll save it as a PDF should I need it again in the future.
Health and prosperity to you for the New Year
GEB