Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Admiral

Re: MORE E-TEC ENGINE PROBLEMS

Please accept my apologies for the issues that you have experienced with your Evinrude. That is not normal occurance as you can imagine.

Can you give me the serial number of the motor and your contact information and I will get it forwarded to the proper department?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Skipper

iTS A 25hp e-tec serial 05386726 Model E25DRABA 2014 DATE OF MANUFACTURE 7/20/2013 BOUGHT FROM CELLETTI'S mARINE 900 12TH AVE,ROCK FALLS iLLINOIS 61071.  THANKS !

Skipper

mY CONTACT INFO IS JOHN MERRIMAN 1515 WEST FIRST ST DIXON iL 61021

Admiral

John,

You should be hearing something soon.

Bluewater Bill

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Skipper

Thanks Bluewaterbill
Admiral

When the motor is checked out and repaired, please come back here and let us know what was found, what the factory did to help you out, and if you are pleased with outcome.

Thank you.

Skipper

I got my motor back from dealer today.They found my problem.was not the motor at all.There is a clear flexable tube in the plastic 6 gallon tank that had a hair line crack in it and was sucking air instead of fuel.Between my Dealer and the evinrude tech guysdid a great job on finding the problem.Thank you Evinrude for the service and concern on getting this engine going again. I am Happy,Happy Happy!!!    P.S thank you Blue waterBill for the Info also.

Captain

Good to hear another happy Ending.

Capt. Pat Harrison
Mate

Has anyone heard of starter problems on the 150hp? 2011 150 hp and the starter is not engaging. My local dealer is getting me right in, which is nice, since Forida Lobster season just started. Just curious if anyone else has had any problems?
Captain

Yes I have seen and heard starter motor problems on all brands of outboards. I sure hope you do not have wing nuts and the battery mets the min CCA. A switched on tech will be easily able to diagonise a sluggish starter with a voltage drop test and fix the problem.