Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Admiral

Re: MORE E-TEC ENGINE PROBLEMS

TonyAloha wrote:

A positive message.

I was finally able to run the software on my 90hp and it showed nothing wrong.

That is, the fuel pump replaced under warranty and was sworking just fine.

I decided to take apart the fuel filter and replace all the stainless steel bands

around my fuel lines.  It turned out my gasoline was seriously compromised!

I don't know what happened at the shop where the fuel pump was replaced, but

maybe, somehow water got into my fuel tank because the boat was left uncovered.

Anyway, I emptied the fuel filter, replaced the fuel, etc. and the engine is back to

normal.  I took the boat to the ocean and it behaved impeccably.  I hope it lasts!

Aloha, Tony.

Hi Tony,

I'm sorry to hear that it was water in your fuel, but glad that you found it and that the motor is running as it should.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Mate

Re: MORE E-TEC ENGINE PROBLEMS

Done - thanks for the input.  I sincerely hope someone gets back to me.  I had neglected the exact dealer names on purpose as I wasn't trying to start anyting negative althougth now it does seem glaringly obvious that the training and skill required to work on these things is severely lacking in parts of Evinrude's dealer network.  Ive included then in my email and as stated above the second dealer does seem willing to help but is really being held up by Evinrude's (perceived) ineptitude.

I have been a long time supported of BRP - current owner of a side X side and snowmobiles and previous owner of ATV's but my support is quickly dwindling.

Thanks, ADAM