Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Admiral

Re: MORE E-TEC ENGINE PROBLEMS

Tony,

I'm so sorry to hear that your motor is still plagued by issues.

By chance have you ever had the fuel checked for the amount of alcohol, if any, or excessive solvents? Engines that experience fuels that are not standardized often exhibit similar issues with the fuel components as you are having.

Please again email your serial number and past history to this address:

http://www.brp.com/en/forms/contact-us.html

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Captain

I submitted the latest engine report on the web site and I got a eply to contact my dealer!

Please check the report.  I will go back to non-ethanol gasoline and see if that makes a

difference.  I will keep you posted. Aloha, Tony.

Mate

Bougth 90HP E-Tec lastweek, after 5hours got towed out the ocean by coastguard. Engine didnt take gas anymore. Now back at the dealer.. this is a 12k euro motor
Admiral

Hello 6181YC and welcome to E-NATION.

If you would like assistance, please give us specific details and the engine model and serial number.

If you repowered an older boat with a new engine and if the boat systems are not checked and tested during the first seatrial, often an engine will not perform correctly until the boat's electrical or fuel systems are repaired or improved. Did the dealer seatrial the boat and motor to determine the correct propeller and that everything performed as it should?  Was any water or debris found it the boat's fuel lines or tank?

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Contacted BluewaterBill via private message. Will update here.

Dealer cant find issue. All 3 injectors replaced
Caused alot of errors. Engine kept failing.Requested new engine at importer (I live in the Netherlands)
Admiral

[ Edited ]

Hi,

We do not do troubleshooting or consulting by private message. Please post your engine information, history, and concerns here for everyone to share and contribute.  

Because you are outside of the US and Canada, any dealer or warranty concerns are handled by the International division.  You may contact them with your serial number and a brief description of your situation to   brp.care@brp.com

Mate

Im all in for a class action suit!! Twin 2014 150's on my boat. Low hours only used a handfil of times each summer. Factory installed, maintained, & well pampered. This season took it out for an hour. Upon my return, came off of plane, and port motor was shaking violently. No indicator lights or shut down into safe mode. I turned it off and returned to slip. Removed all plugs to find #4 plug mangled! Just out of warranty in 2017, 6K repair estimate! I paid 32k just afew years ago. I am very unhappy to say the least.

Admiral

Contact Evinrude with the serial number and dealer name and explain your problem. They are very generous and occasionaly assist with out of warranty situations. Your dealer can also support you with the factory.

http://www.brp.com/en/forms/contact-us.html

Mate

Hello, everything was checked. Zwemer Watersport can't find the problem and informed at the importer for a new engine. Waiting for response of that. All injectors where replaced. After a while still engines fails. The mechanic suspects an EMM failure. At first there were no fault codes, after he changed injectors there are but he just cant find it.

Importer is asked to provide a fix: a new engine.
Model: E90DSLAFC
Serial: 05474374

16th of may, the head technician from Evinrude in Gent(HQ) is coming to take a look at the motor. And attempt to fix it. Or provide new engine.