Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Re: MORE E-TEC ENGINE PROBLEMS

G'day Bluewater Bill. Yes I am in the Sydney area. In the northern part. Sorry about putting the post in the wrong place. I'm new to posting on these boards. I'll start a new thread to continue. I bought this boat specifically because of all the good stuff I read about the E-TEC and of course the 3yr/300hr mainteance free period and 3yr warranty. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Admiral

Here is the link to Huett Marine Centre north of Sydney. Craig Huett is a personal friend of mine and one of the best technicians that I know.

http://huettmarine.com.au/contact.php

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Not sure if i am posting in right place, new to this thing.  I have a 2006 etec 225 ho and just blew the 2nd lower unit..  I have been told that i can put on a 2011 lower unit from a 150 etc ho, but will have to change the prop shaft and shift shaft.  Is that true or is there a difference or a reason i should not do this?  it is supposed to be an L2 and stronger than the original one that i had on when i got it new.  Thanks to anyone that can help

Mate

Does anyone know the fuse location on a 2008 250 e tec
Admiral

Stb. side under the black plastic side cover, against the large blue capacitor. It is illustrated in your owners manual

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

injection pronlems etec 90

Hallo guys, 

Im writing from Sardinia ( Oristano ) I've a etec 90hp (engine model E90DSLII ) serial number is : SN-05313719

I bougth my engine on 2013, I changed injection fuell the first time not in warranty(number 2) for cause water.

After one year.

I went two days ago with some friend to fishing, after 3/4 hours the engine slow down rpm and off alone. I tried to turn on more time afeter 5/6 time engine switch on. I went in the harbour very slowly.

I called mechanic/concessionary of

evinrude, he connected laptop and this give an error " injection open" (number 3) 

Im waiting news from garage.

I cannt immage there is a problem every 20/30hours . 

The engine has only 85hours.

Im very disappointed.

Regards.

Mate

Re: injection pronlems etec 90

Sorry for my bad Inglish.

Admiral

[ Edited ]

Do not worry about your English, I understand.

The error code " open injector 3" means that there is a break in the wiring somewhere either on the engine harness or inside the injector.  The mechanic has to test the #3 injector for resistance and if OK, then the rest of the electrical connectors and wiring for a problem.

Mate

I hope it's so easy.

I let you know soon about it. 

I'll wait the mechanic's report in case I'll explain that to the mechanic.

Ragards

Mate

I realize this is an old thread but I just bought a 2015 E-TEC 25 Evinrude today brand new from the dealer and was browsing forums and reviews for possible problems. I am seeing a few issues posted here and noticed very good customer service and response from a Evinrude rep. I like that! I haven't put mine in the water yet due to bad weather here in SC but I will continue to follow the forums and experiences of other E-TEC owners. I was able to get the 7-year warranty on mine and that's what sold it for me. Can't beat that!