Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Admiral

Re: Member of the E-Tec Blown Engine Club

In Jacksonville you have Beck's Outboards, a well-known family run dealership with a good rep. A few miles south in St. Augustine, the Evinrude dealer is a long time family outfit with a super-experienced service manager, St. Augustine Marina.

In the Miami and the Keys,

www.seapowerinc.com 
13610 SW 142nd Ave, Miami, FL 33186
(305) 238-1386

www.markeymarine.com
98250 Overseas Hwy, Key Largo, FL 33037
(305) 852-3337

www.murraymarine.com
5710 U.S. 1, Key West, FL 33040
(305) 296-0364

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

I understand what you are saying.  I have a couple Evinrudes from the 50's that were my fathers.  Still going strong.  That was another reason I went with the Etec when i purchased my boat.  Buying a new boat, I had the option of choosing any motor.  

I guess loyalty only works one way.  I keep hoping that they will step up and do whats right.  I know the cost of replacing a motor will not drop the value of the stock, but continuing to provide this type of service or lack thereof, will be the death of them.

Either stand behind your product and keep your customers happy or they will jump ship and go out of thier way to express their complaints.  Social media today can turn a fever into a plague.

Skipper

New to the club, 2016 G2, with 380 hours, blown power head. After a month in the shop and several email to customer service they told me that I needed to take it to an authorized dearler / service center. They are clueless and do not even make an effort to research before the send out their standard emails. I have now had more that 6 warranty claims since purchasing this G2. Hard to understand how they can roll out a "flagship" product with such a failure rate. 

Admiral

Joel,

Which email address have you used to contact Evinrude and what dealer is servicing it?

In most cases, if a powerhead replacement is needed, the dealer contacts the factory and a powerhead is sent out quickly. Is there something that may have slowed down the process?

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Bill, 

My boat and motor have been at Buck's in Midway since 6/3. During that time Buck's and I have both been in contact with BRP. I personally have sent several emails to BRP regarding my displeasure with all of the warranty claims since 6/3. This is the email that BRP sent me on 7/9. We have never callled, only emails as to have a record of the correspondence.

Hard to undertand how they could be this clueless about my warranty claim. Feel free to try and defend..........

Dear Mr. Carter, 

Re: 05459544  E200XHAGB

I apologize for the delay in response.  Your case was forwarded for review by the Call Center Supervisor on Friday, July 6, as he was previously out of the office. 

He has asked that you bring the boat in to an authorized dealership for technical inspection so that we better understand the reported concerns before any determinations can be made.  A list of authorized dealers has been detailed below for your review and convenience.

Platinum Certified dealers located near: Savannah, GA 31410

MIKE'S MARINE
1859 TRASK PKWY
SEABROOK, SC 29940
843-846-9620

Authorized Service dealers located near: Savannah, GA 31410

BURNS OUTBOARD SERVICE
108 BUSCH LN
RINCON, GA  31326
912-826-4512

BUCK'S OUTBOARD INC
392 E 1ST ST
MIDWAY, GA  31320
912-884-5955

THE BOAT PLACE
15341 US HWY 17
TOWNSEND, GA 31331
912-832-5507

CUSTOM MARINE
104 RUSHING LN
STATESBORO, GA 30458
912-681-7777

ELLIS MARINE
3687 COMMUNITY RD
BRUNSWICK, GA 31520
912-264-4024

Please let us know when the boat is at an authorized dealership, or you may have the dealer contact the BRP Technical Support department when the boat is at their shop.

Thank you for contacting BRP.

Sincerely,
Jami
Consumer Support
Phone: +1 844.345.4277 - MPS

Skipper

[ Edited ]
Bill,

My issues with our G2 warranty claims have gone from displeasure about not being able to use my boat to safety concerns for my crew and other vessels. BRP customers service rarely responds and when they do it is with a form style reply or before doing any research about the claim. Going to give them one more chance to contact me do discuss my problem and offer a resolution before we change tactics. The next step is to unleash a social media blitz on sites like this, The Hull Truth, FB ect., we have already purchased the domain name www.evinrudeG2problems.com and plan to build a site to tell the world our story about the G2 and give others a chance to tell their story.

Regards,
Joel
Skipper

Bill, 

It is obvious that you are part of BRP cstomer service so I will see if you will enage. Below is a copy of an email that was sent to customer service on 5/29/18, as of today no one from BRP has acknowledged this email or responed. Do you care to reply?

Jami, 

Thank you for giving me a personal response. The engine which you sold me is one the first units off of the G2 production line and is obviously riddled with mechanical and electrical problems, my request for a replacement is not outside of your obligations to the consumer. Since the install of this G2, my boat has spent more than 4.5 months in the shop for repairs thus depriving me of the enjoyment of my boat, how can you offer a new flagship product with such a failure rate? We would ask again that you consider replacing this unit with another, later and better engineered unit before someone on my vessel or another boat gets hurts. As of today, 2 other persons besides myself have been hurt or injured on my by boat due to Evinrude engine failure, please review our past emails to confirm. Captaining a vessel with passengers on board is a responsibility that comes with obligations of safety, I no long feel safe operating my vessel due to the engine that your company has sold me, it is my hope that your company shares this concern for consumer safety. Hopefully you will pass our conversation along to upper management and legal counsel for consideration.

Look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Regards, 
Admiral

Sorry, Joel, I am not in customer service but I did forward your yesterday's post to After Sales Support on your behalf.

Skipper

Bill, 

Are you a paid employee of BRP? I have been a member of this forum since 2016 and on a daily basis you have chimed in and offered advice on BRP customer service but for some reason you are not able to respond to me, find that a bit odd. 

This is apparently how BRP handles customer service, ignore the consumer in the hopes that they will go away. 

If you are passing these along to BRP, how about asking them to reach out to me? I have been sending emails almost daily but no one from BRP has extended me the courtesy a reply.

Sad but true!!!

Regards, 

Skipper

Bill, 

So another day goes by and no one from BRP has responded to any of my emails..............

For the past month I have been asking BRP for a complete list of all the warranty claims and parts replaced, they have outright refused to deliver or even discuss this matter.

With the blown power head we are at warranty claim #7 and that does not include the first round when they sent in the service advisor from out of town to fix all of the isssues from the guy who rigged the motor.  

Hard to believe that this is the way they do business......................