Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate
JohnD

My new 1968 6HP Fisherman

My last motor was an 200 Ocean Pro!   I have considerably downsized to this wonderful little motor and I'm getting ready to get some fresh non-ethanol gas. Which oil I should use?

Thanks for your response

JohnD

Please use plain text.
Admiral
BluewaterBill

Re: My new 1968 6HP Fisherman

The Evinrude XD-30 oil is good for your motor, but for only a few dollars more per gallon, you can get better engine protection and less smoke using the XD-50 semi-sythetic outboard oil.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat"
                                                 --- Travis McGee

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with a repair. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Please use plain text.
Mate
JohnD

Re: My new 1968 6HP Fisherman

Thanks for your reply.  I think this forum will be very helpful as the summer evolves

Please use plain text.