Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

NO OIL LIGHT

Once again the frist start up of the season and for a second year in a row I had the no oil light come on. Instead of taking my boat to the harbor I now have to take it to the shop AGAIN. This is the third year that I own this boat with the Evinrude 115 ETEC and I have had issues with this motor since I got it. The first year I got the motor I was on the water and the low oil light came on motor went into safe mode and I was able to make it back to the dock. Never again will I get a Evinrude! I have never had any issues with a Yamaha guess I will be going back to Yamaha. So disappointed in Evinrude oh well live and learn.

Captain

Re: NO OIL LIGHT

Is there oil in the tank? Just wonderin
2017 Tidewater 1910 Baymax
Evinrude 150HO (M: E150HGXABH S/N: 05500627H MFDate: 6/17)
Highlighted
Admiral

Re: NO OIL LIGHT

@kman wrote:

Once again the frist start up of the season and for a second year in a row I had the no oil light come on. 

Because it happened on the first startup of the season, chances are an air bubble developed over the winter.

While in the water or with a flusher attached, start the motor and hold the oil tank primer ball vertically with the arrow pointing up and give a squeeze for a few seconds.  It will be very firm, unlike the fuel primer ball. Run the winterizing routine as that should expel any single bubble in the oil line.

It is likely that is all that is needed. If the NO OIL comes on again, then it would be time to see the dealer.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.