Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Need Service Bulliten

Having no oil alarm issue and bill recommendeed service bulliten, but did not tell me the number.  I believe I have figured out myself the number but cannot find the location to download.  How can I find service bulliten 2016-04 (s)?

Skipper

Re: Need Service Bulletin

correcting my mispelled bulletin.

Admiral

Re: Need Service Bulliten

jim1968 wrote:

Having no oil alarm issue and bill recommendeed service bulliten, but did not tell me the number.  I believe I have figured out myself the number but cannot find the location to download.  How can I find service bulliten 2016-04 (s)?

Service bulletins are proprietary information.

#2016-04S illustrates an improved method of purging the pressure sensor passageway in the case of false error codes or when installing a new pump.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Figures.  Im used to this kind of stuff from BRP.  I have a $100K piece of junk sitting at my marina just because of the engines on the back.

Admiral

Why isn't your dealer helping to fix your issues? Let us know if you are having problems with your dealer and repairing the engine(s)

Other outboard factories are even more strict about service bulletins if that is what you are alluding to.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Bill:

Skipper

Bill:  I am at a marina with no trailer.  The marina requires outside techicians carry insurance.  None of the certified mechanics in brevard county carry the reqwuired insurance.  I did find a certified dealer in orlando that did mobile repairs.  He basically told me hes doesnt have the manpower to help me out.  I am now at one of the largest ports in the United Sates and cannot find a tech to work on my outboards?  If they were yamaha, mercury, suzuki or even dogs like Honda I would have techs falling over themselves to work on my boat.  I am willing to take a multi thousand dollar loss to switch to one of your competitors.  I did as you suggested and emailed BRP care.  They responded that they could not find a tech?  I knew that was a waste of time.  I am now actually better E-TEC mechanic than the one you have in Merritt Island.  I showed him how to fix my I-Command gauges. 

Admiral

Can you post the reply that you received to me in a PM?

Captain

I am not sure what happened to all of the Evinrude dealers or how the net work got changed around.We have dealer problems in the Freeport Bahamas.OBS marine has to go to Abaco to get information and engines.Before they went direct to OMC and then BRP but something happened and they have to go through Abaco first.They have been a Evinrude/Johnson dealer for over 40 years and the dealer in Abaco is no where near as long.It is just frustrating that OBS has to get engines from Abaco and the price are higher in Freeport because of it. Vs before OBS could go direct.I have been a loyal Evinrude guy my whole life and still am but with a Yamaha,Mercury and a Zuke dealer in Freeport buying direct they are beetling prices Vs OBS marine and Evinrude has suffered for it.You do not see any where near the Evinrude engines in Freeport like you did.I just bought my 22 Evinrude engine I got twin 300G2s but they ran me almost $3000.00 more  then if my dealer could buy direct.It is a little bit of a hard pill to swallow that 90 miles away on a different island they are around $2500 to $3000 less for 2 engines.Nassau dealer also buys direct so not sure why BRP has this set up like this.Still love my Evinrudes but would like to see the better prices for my dealer and a lot more Evinrude back on the island.

Highlighted
Admiral

Evinrude sales and service outside of the US and Canada is handled by the International Division of BRP. Perhaps an email to brp.care@brp.com with your serial number and contact info may give you an answer to your questions.