Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Re: New 2017 90 hp etec oil issue?

I have to constantly call them after waiting a few days each time to try and resolve this issue and just get put off and it is a brand new motor. This dealer is a platinum dealer, I don’t get it. I am hoping based on our current correspondence that the engine is OK now with respect to air pockets being in the oil lines on the starboard side of the engine and not on the portside but just not sure. Thank you for your help but it is time to get rid of and go to another brand, I depend on this motor to get me back and forth to an island and am so disappointed in the lack of service the 10 yr warranty means nothing if you can’t get service...
Captain

Summarize this and post your question on etecownersgroup.com. That engine is proven to be quite reliable.

Admiral

You may contact Evinrude After Sales Support with your concerns and experiences by emailing the serial number, dealer name and location, and your contact information to   http://www.brp.com/en/forms/contact-us.html

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Thank you! On a side note I called the dealer again this morning and they are now going to start a claim with Evinrude and need the hrs off of the engine due to the fact they never ran any diagnostics when I had it there for this problem originally. I work for a manufacturer of equipment and the first thing we do is plug in and run diagnostics???
Skipper

Am I required to take it to the dealer I purchased from for warranty, or can I take it to any authorized Evinrude dealer???
Admiral

Any authorized dealer.

www.evinrude.com/content/evinrude/en_US/find-a-dealer/

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

Thanks...