Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

New g2 problems

Hi, i am just wondering if any one has had any problems with the new g2?
Captain

Re: New g2 problems

Not me.

Skipper

How many hrs on yours musky?
Captain

'bout 20. But I drive like I stole it.

youtu.be/trNOhcI-344

Never had issue with my G1, or Ficht before that.

I have no reason to beleive there is any systemic issues with G2s. There are several in my area with over 100 hours on them, no issues.

Unfortunately issues occur (with any manufacturer) , the priority should be to  understand exactly why it happened, so it doesn't happen again. I'm sure they will bget you fixed up.

Skipper

Well just came back from my dealer, they found a hole threw the side of the block on my motor, wher a rod came threw, 5 hours of running time on this, it realy sucks, im a etec guy and i finaly was able to afford one of these rigs. I am very disappointed, i really hope brp backs this completely and gives me a new motor, i would not have bought one if i know i was buying a rebuild. My season is coming to close real fast since im in northern wisconsin, and now its realy done. I hope they set me up right for the spring.

Do you guys think i should get a new motor?

Id be fine with a rebuild if they cut me a check back half off and the full warenty. Realy sucks, stuck in a rut....

I have one good thing about it, it was the best 5 hrs i have ever had on the water considering i had a 90 etec be for this , Smiley Happy maybe i should go back
Highlighted
Captain

My guess is they will give you a new powerhead.

Skipper

Yea thats gay
Skipper

I had it in my hands for five days, got it monday nite, took it out tuesday and friday after work, woke up satrday went out and done.... 5 hrs thats crappy
Captain

It is crappy. It happens, unfortunately it happened to you. I'd be happy with a new power head, it will have all the latest parts.

Skipper

Lol yea maybe something new came out in a month, mine is stamped it was made of October of 2016