Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

Nmea fish finder

I just got a Garmin 93sv fish finder and am ready to install it. I'm a rookie when it comes to the whole nmea network thing so please help me out if you can. I assume that since I'm running my 2013 150hp with icon that I can patch into this existing network with the fish finder? Can this be done at one of the two icon network hubs on the boat already? I assume this will supply power to the finder as well as communication with the engine for more detailed information than the gages offer?

Thanks
Mark

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Nmea fish finder

Refer to your Garmin instruction manual or contact Garmin support for specific questions on the product and its installation.

Normal installation of a NMEA2000 component is accomplished by inserting a Tee-fitting in the network backbone cable and fastening the item's cable to the middle connector of the Tee.

The following links may help explain  NMEA2000 networking 

http://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/NMEA2000.html

http://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/ETEC_RiggingAdvanced.html#ICONgateway

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.