Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Re: No oil light and alarm 2016 150 ETEC

Funny you mention this, the young man helping me at the dealership has the same last name as I do, so I call him 'Cuz'. Don't believe we are related, but who knows. He seems to be receptive and is willing to learn. I know from my just speaking with him, they as a dealership, have not had to address this problem before. So, I can say its a learning process for both of us...

Since I don't have access to the Evinrude Diagnostic Software, do you think running the motor thru the winterazation process would accomplish anything? I fully intend to follow your recommendation to bleed the oil system from scratch first. I should be able to perform this as an owner and not affect the warranty. I know the dealership HAS NOT suggested we do this, their response was to "ORDER PARTS", so at that point, I lost faith and just brought the boat home...

Admiral

Running the winterizing procedure is recommended if the diagnostic software is not available.

Perform the winterization 2 times while on the water so you can run the motor a bit between procedures to keep from loading the crankcase up with oil. 

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

I ran the winterization procedure as instructed in the operator's guide. Pretty easy process. Took boat to the lake, ran motor to my fishing hole, no alarms. Fished, cranked back up, ran back to boat ramp, no alarms.

Your think I need to have dealership run Evinrude Diagnostics Software again just to ensure it sees no more faults?

Thanks for your help, I feel so much better now ...

Admiral

If the alarm does not come back on, then it appears that you purged the last of the air out of the system and are home free.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

The no oil light come back on this morning. The dealership said they have received the oil pump and pressure sensor.

Ran to fishing hole fine. Went to move and the alarm sounded. There was 20psi + of oil pressure prior to the alarm sounding and of course it put itself in safe mode.

Needless to say, I am a frustrated Evinrude Owner!!!!

Admiral

[ Edited ]

The 20 psi that you indicated was water pressure, not oil pressure, correct?

I cannot blame you for becoming frustrated.  If the dealer cannot eliminate the NO OIL alarms with the new parts and proper purging procedures, you may email your concerns and the serial number to  brp.care@brp.com .  

Skipper

I sent a email to brp.care@brp. com in an effort to get some response from them prior to allowing the dealership to tear into my motor with inexperienced hands....

Skipper

did you ever get the oil alarm issue fixed?  I have same exact problem and have tried everything you tried.  VERY frustrating.

Admiral

[ Edited ]

jim1968 wrote:

did you ever get the oil alarm issue fixed?  I have same exact problem and have tried everything you tried.  VERY frustrating.

That person has not visited this site since September of last year.

Skipper

Only after replacing the oil pump with less than 10 hours on it!