Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Admiral

Re: Not happy with new-to-me 2010 E-TEC 25hp stalling

Evinrude has its 2+4 Fuel Conditioner also Stabil makes a marine version of their fuel stabilizer

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

cornchip: Why don't you use the garden hose attachment built into the motor?

Admiral

cornchip wrote:

I also bought a set of muffs to safely idle the motor in the off season.

Don't forget to read your operator's guide as you have to tape off the 4 inlet  holes located beneath the anti-ventilation plate if you are going to run the motor on flushing muffs. 

Using a garden hose screwed into the back flushing port is much quicker and easier, as mentioned in a previous post.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

[ Edited ]

All good points. I'm going to look for the Marine version of StaBil. Plenty of ethanol in fuels these days. Don't think you can be careful enough around moisture when it comes to fuel.