Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Warranty

I am considering buying twin 150hp etecs that are new in the box. Do they have to be rigged by an authorized dealer to retain the warrenty?  The motors are 2015 Model # E150DPXAB Serial # 05449144,Model # E150DCXAB Serial # 05443703.

Captain

Re: Warranty

A dealer will have to get engine reports, verify that the rigging is correct and register the engine to get the warranty. You'll have to call to see if a dealer will let you do the rigging.
Admiral

Before engines can be registered for warranty, a pre-delivery form called a PDI form has to be filled out by the dealer and signed both by him and yourself. It documents that the rigging is done per the installation guidelines, the engine has been bled and tested, and an engine report is saved by the dealer. It also says that you were given the operators guide and told how to operate and maintain your motor along with a warranty explanation.

You would have to have your dealer's permission to rig the motor yourself, then have him test and inspect the workmanship and parts used, record the information on the PDI form, and download an engine report. Some setup and testing require special tools plus a laptop and the Evinrude diagnostic software.

In addition, should you decide to rig it yourself, obtain the latest Pre-Delivery and Installation manual and follow it to the letter.  Warranty does not cover any rigging errors, adjustments, or incorrect parts or assembly. 

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

i am bringing my engine in for the 300 hr check up, i have an issue with the ignition they installed , starts as soon as you turn key no cycle mode, realized if i put the engine in gear will cycle without starting ,but once i put in nuetral it starts, it has stalled once in heavy seas wouldnt start for a bit til engine was all the way down in trim , any answers to whats going on? and is it covered?

Admiral

What motor ?????

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.