Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate
roblibe

What high volume screens to use on my 2008 90HP E-tec SL to solve aeration/overheating problems?

I am currently running a 2008 ETEC 90 HP SL motor on my flats-Cat. I am having problems with overheating when the motor is at the higher settings on the JP. I am sure it is due to aeration in the water and not getting a consistent water flow. I have done some internet research and it appears as though I need to install high flow screens to assist in this problem. I am told by my Evinrude dealer that there are no high flow screens available for my model. I also see where others have installed screens that were made for the larger size Etec engines, and had no problems. Is this true? I am looking at the ultra high flow PN 5006337 or the high flow PN 5005063. Will these work?

Please use plain text.
Admiral
BluewaterBill

Re: What high volume screens to use on my 2008 90HP E-tec SL to solve aeration/overheating problems?

What is the complete model number on your motor?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat"
                                                 --- Travis McGee

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with a repair. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Please use plain text.
Mate
roblibe

Re: What high volume screens to use on my 2008 90HP E-tec SL to solve aeration/overheating problems?

E90DSLSCM

Please use plain text.