Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate
Fastbob

What year is my Evinrude Fisherman 5.5?

Just purchased an old Evinrude for $5 and I am going to try and get it to run.  Can someone tell me what year it is so I have a starting point?  Serial number 5525R-01384.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Admiral
BluewaterBill

Re: What year is my Evinrude Fisherman 5.5?

A model 5525 is a 1962.

The 5.5 is one of the most famous and most sought after fishing motor. They are smooth and quite engines.

Be sure to replace the water pump and it may be a good idea to change the head gasket. The gasket was a weak point if the engine ever overheated. Use a 24:1 fuel-oil mix.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat"
                                                 --- Travis McGee

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with a repair. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Please use plain text.