Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper
barberkev

i.d. serial number without id plate

I bought a motor today and was looking for the serial number and couldnt find it.  I looked on the motor and on the transom bracket and found nothing.  But looked like there had been a sticker on the port side of the transom bracket, just wore off i guess.  Is there any other way to figure out the information for this motor: serial number, year,etc?  It looks to be a slightly older model and all i know is that it is a 6 h.p. evinrude.

Please use plain text.
Admiral
BluewaterBill

Re: i.d. serial number without id plate

Sometimes there is a quarter coin sized aluminum plug on the engine block that has numbers or a model number stamped onto it. A missing serial number tag on a used motor could be a red flag for a stolen motor or it could be just something that happened.

Another way to determine the year is to post pictures of the engine front, back and each side both with and without the motor cover and we may be able to narrow the year down close for you.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat"
                                                 --- Travis McGee

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with a repair. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Please use plain text.
Skipper
barberkev

Thanks for the tip Bill! I looked at the motor and found what i believe is the model number but im having a hard time locating this number on the Evinrude operation guide page! Heres the number: E6RCUD . If the model number chart is correct , im guessing this is a evinrude, rope start-commercial/cd ignition, year- 76.
Please use plain text.
Admiral
BluewaterBill

That appears to be a 1987 6hp.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat"
                                                 --- Travis McGee

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with a repair. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Please use plain text.
Skipper
barberkev

Thanks again Bill!

Please use plain text.