Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Admiral

Re: i.d. serial number without id plate

[ Edited ]

1995,1996 and 1997 had the same decals. Any one of those years can be used to order parts.

I will try to find out more by serial number but you will have to be patient.

NOTE: 

Friday  7-6-2018

The serial number  4257941   was assigned to 1997 model E25TEEU

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Thank you so much for the time and effort.  Enjoy your 4th of July. Happy Birthday America!

Mate

Had this boat for years and was never able to find out what this year/model was mind helping me out here?

Can't get new parts until i can figure what it is? i come up with MARINER 40 ELPTO 2 stroke but don't know what year.

Cheers for any help provided!

37045763_2295228483835788_8246385707090706432_n.jpg37179896_2295228847169085_7486397415931510784_n.jpg37086462_2295233913835245_6426009955219800064_n.jpg37045763_2295228483835788_8246385707090706432_n.jpg37104464_2295228067169163_4589274651443593216_n.jpg37177653_2295228620502441_3332144028916383744_n.jpg

Admiral

Sorry to say, but this is an Evinrude factory webstie.  We cannot help with other products.

You should find a Mercury - Mariner website that offers assistance to their customers

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

New member with a new motor, and thank you in advance for this great thread, and any help the group can provide.  I was hoping I'd find one that looked the same as my new (to me) 50 HP Evinrude VRO, but alas they all look very similar to me.  The plastic decal with model and serial number are simply obliterated, so I turn to you all for help!

Thank you all!

-Butler

20180716_201210.jpg

20180716_201153.jpg20180719_185817.jpg

20180719_185802.jpg20180719_185709.jpg

Admiral

Unfortunately that is not a serial number but a part number for the replacement powerhead (RPH).

Your engine may be composed of several different parts, the gearcase is 1982 or newer and the motor cover seems older and a slightly different color. An educated guess would be around 1983.

Mate

Thanks for looking!  I had read further up thread that the round plate could be helpful in narrowing the age somewhat. The plastic printed plate is unfortunately beyond legible, so it's a wild guess on my end, and I much prefer to do my own work when I can than turn it over to a shop with a high per hour charge.

An aproximate age for the upper was really what I'm after.  I've not yet turned it over, but expect that I'll need to do some carb rebuilding at a minimum as it's sat for a few years with an unknown history before that.  My history with another older motor that I was able to nurse back is that not much changes drastically with the common "backyard mechanic" type items on a 2stroke.

Are the carb kits and parts generally interchangable in the 82/83 era, or was there a big design change in those years? 

-Butler

Admiral

On the original cylinder blocks, normally the serial number was stamped on the disc. Yours is a replacement block with the letters RPH.

Carb kits are all the same and I believe the ignition system is also for quite a few years. You should not have problems with parts.

Mate

New to forum, thanks in advance.

The model number sticker plate for my Johnson outboard is either missing or worn off. 

It is a Johnson Fast Strike 115 hp V4.  I think the year is 1996-ish because its on a 96 Ranger R70.  I bought the boat used about 6 years ago, and was told the outboard was original to the boat.    

The serial number on the core plug appears to be G3975189.  Can you tell me what the model number is based on the serial number?