Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Re: i.d. serial number without id plate

Hey Bill, thanks for helping us out in identifying these engines.  What an amazing resource for this forum.  I need help finding out the model and year of this 30hp.  I'd love to get it running again.

20160507_161237369_iOS.jpg20160507_161256152_iOS.jpg20160507_161308191_iOS.jpg

20160507_161339364_iOS.jpg20160507_161418704_iOS.jpg

20160507_161434620_iOS.jpg20160507_161451302_iOS.jpg20160507_161543285_iOS.jpg

Thanks for for taking the time to help me.  Gerry

Admiral

On a motor that looks as good and cleans as that one does, I am surprised that there is no model or serial number tag on it.  Did you just buy it or have you had it since new?

The decals and color say it is a 1992 engine.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

My bad luck I didn't get  a picture before it disappeared!  I just got it.  Thanks for the help on the year.

20160507_161742344_iOS.jpg

Mate

Hey bill I was also wondering if youd be able to help me determine the year model of this evinrude 25 so I could get it back up and running. thank you.

IMG_3138.jpgIMG_3139.jpgIMG_3151.jpgIMG_3141.jpgIMG_3152.jpgIMG_3153.jpgIMG_3149.jpg

Admiral

[ Edited ]

Gpope17,

Take a picture of the serial number tag on the stern brackets, I need the model number.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Hey bill ,
that motor doesn't have a Serial plate I don't know why it appears it has fallen off somehow but that's why I am having issues determining the year model on the engine.
Thank you,
Admiral

Your engine is a 1981

Mate

Thank you very much!
Mate

Hey guys,

First post, hopefully it's in the right spot.

Just bought a boat with a non-running outboard. Title says that it's a 2001 Johnson 9.9. Enginge wasn't with the boat when I bought, but the seller produced it later. They're isn't an ID plate on it and no decals. There is a number on the freeze plug. Here are some pictures. Any help verifying that I got what I was supposed to would be appreciated. Thanks

IMG_4967.JPGIMG_4964.JPGIMG_4963.JPGIMG_4966.JPGIMG_4968.JPGIMG_4973.JPGIMG_4969.JPGIMG_4970.JPGIMG_4974.JPG

Admiral

[ Edited ]

Your engine is not a Johnson or an Evinrude.

It is possibly a  Mariner outboard or from one of the companies that put the Mariner name on their motors for Mercury.

Some of the older Mariners were Yamaha built and others may have been by Tohatsu. See a Mercury dealer for parts and service for it. Sorry we could not be of more help to you.