Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Re: i.d. serial number without id plate

I pulled the carb and ran the model number off it and it seems it is a 1973 6hp Chrysler. Thanks anyway guys
Skipper

On a 1990 Wellcraft 18 Sport. Was told it is the original engine but there are no tags....IMG_20160904_123210.jpgIMG_20160904_123235.jpgIMG_20160904_123254.jpgIMG_20160904_123446.jpgIMG_20160904_123507.jpgIMG_20160904_123525.jpgIMG_20160904_123421.jpgIMG_20160904_123356.jpgIMG_20160904_123337.jpgIMG_20160904_124456.jpg

Admiral

The engine is a 1991 or 1992 model.

There is no serial and model number tag on the swivel bracket?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

No, I haven't seen any tag anywhere on the motor or bracket. The plug with the number I posted is all I've seen for any sort of numbers.
Mate

Hate to jack this thread. I just got this from a friend. He didn't know anything about it and all I can find is the freeze plug number. G4670948.
Admiral

Nwolt00 wrote:
Hate to jack this thread. I just got this from a friend. He didn't know anything about it and all I can find is the freeze plug number. G4670948.

Post pictures just like the previous ones to help us identify the engine

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Here you go.20161017_090315.jpg20161017_090331.jpg20161017_090344.jpg20161017_090353.jpg20161017_090405.jpg20161017_090421.jpg

Admiral

You have a 1999  15 HP 

Mate

thanks for your help. he told me its a two stroke what mix ratio should I run?
Admiral

Nwolt00 wrote:
thanks for your help. he told me its a two stroke what mix ratio should I run?

50:1  -  1 pint per 6 gallons is close enough  

Use an Evinrude oil, another outboard manufacturer's oil, or a TC-W3 certified outboard oil