Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

repower, good bye yamaha

i'm going to use this as my hello post. back in 2005 i purchased a wellcraft 220 sportsman with a yamaha 225 hp 4/s on the transom. this is where the problems began, the boat always felt heavy and under powerd. played with diffrent props and trim settings to no avail so i just lived with it. untill this year i fell victim to the exhaust corrosion that was the final straw. this slug like peice of rust is being replaced by a 250 hp gen 2 etec as i type this post. this purchase was not made blindly i did a lot of research on this product from weight to torque ratings to warranty. even though this motor is as heavy as the 4/s the torque rating and duration that it is supplied is twice as much. plus i don't have to screw around with a steering ram or a stupid primer bulb. i am also running a g2 250 on a 2015 wellcraft 220 fisherman that was built with that engine optioned for that platform. the differance between the two boats is amazing. i wish these were available in 2005. the repower gets water tested tomorrow and returned to me on friday. i will be on a test prop till mine comes in. i can't say enough good things about chambliss marine. more to comeIMG_0112.JPG 

Captain

Re: repower, good bye yamaha

Smiley HappyJoe is the best you will not be disappointed ,He will be there  if you ever have issue, Good Choice

Admiral

A 250 HP G2 will make your boat come alive compared to the older F225. It can run mounted higher on the transom and either an RX4 or a Rebel prop would work well for that rig. Prop it for an average load close to 5600-5800 rpm.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

the re-power is done engine runs like a champ and pulls like a freight train. i am waiting for the correct size/pitch prop to come in than i will post up speed /rpm #s.IMG_0121(1).JPG

Skipper

had a chance to do full tests on flat water the test prop yeilds me 43 mph @ 5360 rpm. so still more dialing in to do. over all i love this motor/boat combo now. it has so much power and torque but yet is verry controlable. updates to come once new prop is on.IMG_0128.JPG 

Admiral

It sounds like it will be a great rig.

What size and model was the test prop that got 5360 rpm and what size did they order?

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

it was a 3 blade rebel. joe said he was going to talk to someone at corporate and get thier input on the new size. i understand this because i am probally the first one to re power a boat like this model. again joe did a great job and i am verry happy with this engine on my boat.

Admiral

If possible, also try an RX-4 prop as it really performs well on a variety of hulls.

Captain

Beautiful looking rig there.

Skipper

thanks, a real shame it had to wait 10 years to come alive. she was just born too slow. doing more prop tests tomorrow afternoon.