Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

2 questions, Torque specs for 115hp pontoon series engine and Power valve malfunction see dealer?

[ Edited ]

Morning, my engine is 

model # : E115SNLAF
serial #: 5392510

Firstly I am curious if anyone knows the torque specs for the gearcase oil drain and fill plugs? And the gearcase oil capacity I think it's 35 oz

Also recently my I-command gauge has sent a warning "powervalve malfunction see dealer". This doesn't happen all the time only when I come down from WOT to a slow speed then neutral and the alarm goes off.

Now I am thinking this can't be something too major as if I didn't have the I-command gauge you wouldn't even get this warning.

any thought bluewater bill?

Admiral

Re: 2 questions, Torque specs for 115hp pontoon series engine and Power valve malfunction see dealer

The drain screws are torqued to 60-84 In. lbs.  Use a 4mm hex socket as it fits just a wee bit snugger than a 5/32" hex.  Always use new washers under the screws for proper sealing.

Your dealer should inspect for binding or sticking of the exhaust tuning valve and the electrical operation and conndections of the exhaust valve relay module according to your gauge.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Captain

Re: 2 questions, Torque specs for 115hp pontoon series engine and Power valve malfunction see dealer

Bluewater bill,

Just a question I havn't gotten my boat to the dealership yet as still snow here. 

I have contacted them and they said that the power valves may need cleaning and not covered under warranty.

Cleaning after 50hrs only on the boat and using XD100?? 

Does that sound right to you?

Thanks have a good day 

Admiral

Your dealer has to determine the problem first and if they have any questions about warranty coverage, they can contact Evinrude Dealer Support for assistance.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.