Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

At what point does Evinrude decide enough is enough......

I have lost 8 weeks on the water this summer due to issues with my E-Tec 150, brand new last August. All I want to know is when does this company decide a motor is a lemon and replaces it so that my brand new boat spends the summer on the lake rather in the repair shop. I don't want any more "we are sorry and understand your frustration". I just want the motor replaced. I will never trust it as it has left me stranded with a boat load of friends and family three different times in the span of three months. Just want this simple question answered. Serial # E150 SNL 05441613

Admiral

Re: At what point does Evinrude decide enough is enough......

If you are having problems getting your motor repaired, we invite you to an email to  brp.care@brp.com  right away and include the engine serial number, dealership, your contact information and what your motor is experiencing. This way we can investigate the situation for you.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Mate

I feel your troubles. First and foremost, I would highly suggest an extended warranty. We have two Etecs and have went through three power heads and a lower unit. Customer service has been great but to have that many issues below 500 hours is absurd. They might give you reasoning that it was your fault so be prepared to have all documentation. Like the oil you used and so forth. Save everything. Best of luck but make a call to them. It's a shame there really isn't a lemon law. Maybe suggest a but back or an extra he or extra warranty as you lost so much time.
Mate

Bluewater Bill, I have just sent an email to the address you list in this thread. We have a recuring fuel pump problem with our 40 hp e-tec on our 18' pontoon boat. We are hoping for a fast response!

Thanks, Jim in Wisconsin