Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Community Manager

Best pontoon spots in Wisconsin ?

Hey E-Nation pals, 

Does anybody out there know of any true "Party" -type lakes with a strong pontoon culture in WI? Is there anything remotely close to a place like Lake Havasu in Arizona ? Where there's a definite scene of partying and community? 

Would be great to hear some options and places that are out there for this type of stuff in WI. 

I'm not the biggest outdoorsman, Fisherman, and I'm really on the look out for planning a weekend or two like this with friends to ride out the rest of summer. 

Thanks, let me know what you know. Would be great to hear back from everyone in the know. 

Mate

Re: Best pontoon spots in Wisconsin ?

Spent a weekend up in the Three Lakes Chain a couple weeks ago and there was a great sandbar there on Medicine Lake, I believe.  Not Havasu, but fun nonetheless.

Community Manager

Thanks Bennett, good call. Yeah, WI has its' own vibe, just always looking for the more non-traditional party spots. Always fun to make a discovery. 

Mate

Okauchee Lake just 30 minutes west of Milwaukee.   The east side of the lake has "Party Island". There's a small tie-up every weekend with the Grand Tie-Up Party the last Saturday of July every year for the past 40 years.  We'll have close to 100 boats.  A smaller version of the parties on Lake Havasu.

Skipper

I agree Okauchee Lake is pretty great for a Pontoon party - although I also think Lake Geneva is fun because there are so many great spots to stop along the way if you want to go to a restaurant or meet up with friends on the water.  Also - Lake Delevan is a great pontoon lake.  Both lakes get a little busy on the weekends, but they're enjoyable areas to see none the less!  Smiley Happy

Community Manager

Is anyone going on any last minute weekend trips before it gets too cold?  Be sure to post pictures and stories!

Through E-NATION, you can chat with fishing pros, get tips on fishing and boating, ask questions in the community forums and learn how to get more out of your boat and engine.

Help us to continue to build the community dedicated to water, power, fishing, and fun.
Mate

The Chetek Chain of Lakes in Barron County.

Captain

Lake Holcombe in Holcombe WI Chippewa County. Teds Timber Lodge is like a "Red Neck Yatch Club" on Saturdays with pontoons and boats docked listening to live music on the deck. They have cabins to rent as well as excellent food. "Party Island" is loaded with boats all day long and 5 eating and drinking establishments you can get to by boat.
Skipper

My two cents worth. Check out the area around Hayward and west of there. Lake Chippewa etc. huge areas to motor about. Also, up around the Apostle Islands. Big water, but lots of islands, might want a marine radio. Beautiful. Also, the area on the Mississippi that is just south of Minneapolis where the St Croix and Mississippi come together. Can go south or north. South down to La Crosse is a great run.

Highlighted
Captain

Lake Koshkonong is pontoon capital of Wisconsin. The swimming hole usually has a hundred boats on an average hot Saturday. Lots of places to stop.