Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Etec 90 on my pontoon stopped suddenly yesterday

I use this motor for trolling cruising and tubing runs great usually. I had to have all of the injectors replaced 2 summers ago then yesterday 2 summers later. I was pulling my kids on the tube all mornig no problens when all of a sudden it just cut out. Popped the main fuse and keeps doing it everytime i put a new fuse in and turn it over. Im an electronic low voltage tech and the smell of the smoke that came from the EMM was not good. I have to call the dealer tomorrow and after reading how this same thing has happened to many i am not happy about this or the thought of another 2000 to fix it after spending 1500 on the injectors 2 summers ago not to mention it ruined our fathers day plans today. Im so pissed its not funny. Can anyone think of anything else it might be?
Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Etec 90 on my pontoon stopped suddenly yesterday

Have an authorized dealer check out the motor for you. If it is the EMM, then ask the tech to contact Evinrude Dealer Support to see if they would assist in helping you with the cost or replacement.

Do you have wing nuts or perhaps loose or corroded connections on the battery terminals?

Has your motor had an overheating issue sometime in the past?

Either one of those happenings can greatly shorten the life of an EMM.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.