Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Ficht'Ram injection

Using Ficht Diagnostic Software for 2002 and older engines and I'm getting an error message. I don't know if it's a message from the engine or the diagnostic softare.

database error 22 in model function

Admiral

Re: Ficht'Ram injection

What software are you using and has it worked OK in the past? What is your engine model number?

Code 22 means a temp switch is closed or the wiring shorted.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

This message is popping up before I can get into the error codes. I know what I should see on the next screen but it's not getting that far.

Admiral

Is this factory software package purchased from a dealer or from an online source such as Ebay and from an off-shore company?

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

It's factory software. It even has a part # 3030336. It worked just fine on my old laptop but that laptop died.On the one I have now it doesn't seem to be getting to the screen of actual diagnostics. The old pc was Windows 98/dos. I found another one that is Windows 98/dos. I copied the program to the hard drive just like the other one but I don't seem to be getting the same results. I found a couple of blogs about configuring the com port but it didn't say what to configure. Not sure if the com port is my issue.

Highlighted
Admiral

We are unable help with laptop or operating system problems but this may be of assistance.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-code-22-errors-2619234