Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Re: Oil tank not filling under hood from remote tank

How low does the oil level have to be in the on engine oil tank before the remote oil tank pump kicks in?I have the Evinrude tech coming Thursday to my dealer and I wanted to do some checking on this before he comes.

Thanks

Captain

The oil level has to be low enough to turn on the low oil light. This is the same level as in the regular oil tank, I have never measured it but it is very close to empty, visually. It has been awhile since I reviewed the operation of this system, but I think that it turns on the light but not the warning horn.
Skipper

Thanks
Skipper

Oil transfer problem solved and some misinformation I received along the way has been cleared up.BRP sent their tech,Ryan,to my original dealer to check out engine.He found that the replacemant of the remote oil tank oil pump was working but I was given a false interpretation of how it worked and performed.I was told it would be normal to have only a half inch of oil in the bottom of on engine tank,while in fact the tank will fill to approx 600ml over a period of time.If the dealer had run the engine for a sufficient amount of time,the tank would have reached the proper level.Also the claim that the engine can not be run over 5000 rpm or else the oil pump can not keep up is totally innacurate.Engine can of course be run at WOT without problem provided it is within range of.max rpm for that motor.This is the same remote oil pump used in engines 4X this size.The issue seemed to be inexperience and non familiarity with the system when it was first set up and miscommunications along the line when inquiries were made to BRP.I think many installers could benefit from an internet link that extensively explains how everything interacts as this relies on interface from both oil tanks,the special tach,computer under the hood etc.Ryan also suggested I change the setting to XD-100 and did so for me after purging the lines and draining the tanks.He was professional,courteous and made sure I was completely satisfied before he left.

Kudos to BRP for their follow up and response to my concerns and to all who replied on E-Nation with their advice and suggestions.Now my only problem on the water can and should be catching fish.