Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Pontoon Boat Propeller Selection

Hi There, I have a 22 ft pontoon that I am rigging up with a 200 E-Tec. I mostly will be using it for cruising around the lake at low speeds, and when the grand kids show up skiing. But when I am out fishing and when the bass boats guys come by me I want to have a little fun with them and be able to crank it up and throw a rooster tail like they do - LOL. I know what your think but hey - lets have some fun!

What size and pitch prop would you recommend. I am looking at the "Rebel TBX" or the "Viper" Please advise.

Bruno

Admiral

Re: Pontoon Boat Propeller Selection

Here is a performance link to a 200 HP on a 22' pontoon boat.

http://www.evinrude.com/Content/Pdf/neutral/performanceReports/PE561.pdf

For all around pontoon boat propping, it is best to test props with a light load of fuel and maybe 2 passengers. Try for a prop that gives close to the top rpm range so as to not overload or lug the motor when 10 people are on board and you are pulling skiers or tubers on a hot summer afternoon.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.