Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

2015 Evinrude 25 oil injection programming question..

So having owned many(many) OMC motors in my life..this is my 1st ever brand new purchase. Bought April/15.

I just started my 2nd season and am certain this us the best motor I've ever owned.

I'd like this motor to last me well into my old age..I'm 49 now.

So I understand the basics of the oil injection of this motor..computer controlled and programmed specifically to the oil I'll be running it's entire life. (XD100).

My question is..would there be a benefit to having the ECU program changed to think I'm using XD50 and continue to use the XD100 synthetic for even better protection and life expectancy?

Or is this all just in my head from my old way of thinking on my old smokers?

Doug

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: 2015 Evinrude 25 oil injection programming question..

There are only two oil program settings -  TC-W3 and XD-100

The best protection you can give your motor is to use the TC-W3 programming with XD-100 oil. This is the factory recommendation for commercial, heavy duty, or high-performance operation. In this way your motor receives extra lubrication plus addtional corrosion resistance. Not only that, if you run low on XD-100 at any time, you can substitute with  a quality TC-W3 oil if needed.

Your Evinrude E-TEC 25 HP uses so little oil that the additonal consumption  would probably not be noticeable.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.