Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Bulls bay 2200

Will be getting a bulls bay 2200 with TTops this week with a new G2 150 HO. Was wondering if anyone has any performance numbers or has propped this setup. I believe the model number is 150LHO G2.
Admiral

Re: Bulls bay 2200

Sorry to say but we could not find any performance reports for Bulls Bay Boats.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Skipper

got this from customer service at bulls bay.  When I get some numbers and the final prop I will post.  So looking forward to the performance of this motor.

"Mr. Dimarco, we have not tested this motor & boat combination. We have discussed your combination with Evinrude and they have suggested  a Rebel 20” pitch part # 763992. With all that said, until your dealer runs that specific boat with that specific motor, there is no sure answer. I do know that 72 Marine is as good an Evinrude Dealer as any in the nation, they will take care of you."

Admiral

[ Edited ]

If it does not have a power jack-plate, be sure they experiment with engine height as the G2 can run higher than other engines.

Also try the RX-4 props as they are awesome on most rigs.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Skipper

funny you should mention that.  This is what I got when I contacted evinrude through facebook. 

"Propping is trial and error unless the dealer or manufacturer has tested and recommends one or several propellers depending on the type of boating and the loads carried. To start out with, you may want to try a 20" RX-4 propeller and record the speed and top rpm with a normal load on board. From that data you can determine whether it is needed to increase or lower the pitch to allow the motor to run in the operating range of 5300-6000. Ideally 5500-5700 may be the best range for top speed and economy."

I will be asking my dealer to try both props and see the performance difference.  This is my first boat and I will mostly be using this boat for fishing in the Tampa bay area and some island hoping.  On less frequent occasions we will be going offshore 10-15 miles for gags and snapper.  Only on calm days as I do get a little sea sick.  

Admiral

Let us know how things turn out. Enjoy your new rig.