Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

G2 and jackplates

I have a G2 250 HO on the way to replace a 250 pro xs. I am currently running a 10 inch Atlas Hydraulic jackplate which I know I cannot use with the G2 because of the built in set back. What I am wondering is,  the Atlas is two sections, a four inch on the transom and the six inch with the hydraulics bolted  to that. Can I just use the six inch plate or is that still to much setback. The boat is a Triton 21 TRX.

Thanks, Rick

Admiral

Re: G2 and jackplates

[ Edited ]

That question is better answered by both the manufacturer of the Atlas Hydrauilic Jackplate and by Triton Boats.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Captain

Ranger would only approve a 4" for mine when ordering.

Ranger Ryan
Mate

Thank you, I ordered the four inch plate for the Triton as well.

rick

Captain

The 4" will still allow plenty of room for power-poles or talons.  I have two power poles on my Atlas 4" and a Lowrance side imaging transducer mounted to the plate with a transducer saver shield bracket.  Clean look!

Ranger Ryan