Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

Re: Mercury "Racing"

The 3.4L is magic in stock form, but with a few very minor tweaks can be a fire breathing monster. Im not telling Evinrude to make a factory mod motor to sell, I know there are many barriers to that. Its just showing some support, or ANY for that matter, to those who go out and give them the best free advertising in the country. Just to clarify, Im in no way talking about monetary support, Im talking about R&D through what we've learned pushing the 3.3L and 3.4L to the limit. A partnership if you will, that could benefit Evinrude's future more than mine. We've aleady found a few VERY clear design mistakes in the 3.4L that are simple fixes that will increase longevity and performance of the engine without hurting efficiency. (And these arent improvements Im talking about, just fixing mistakes overlooked by Evinrude) Just wish there was someone to talk too.....I called customer service and asked to speak to someone in engineering or advertising and was responded with "youll have to write a formal email to me and Ill decide if Ill forward it to someone" Amazing huh?

Jr.
Admiral

If you really want to contact Evinrude Engineering, try sending a letter to the Sturtevant, WI address saying ATTN: Evinrude Engineering Dept., Chief Engineer

With a bit of sluething and Googling, you could probably find the gentlemen's name even.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Captain

Oh Bill if only you knew.........
Skipper

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ric-mcchesney/11/997/4a7?trk=pub-pbmap

Looks like the man, or at least a name to start with.

Captain

My new Etec drag will be hitting the water soon.....Jr.0329021506.jpg

Mate

Hi Speed JR,

Who would know how to get the best out of a 300hp Evinrude engine? 

Mate

The deal with the bigger BRP  v 6 engines is that after 275 hp the case bangs its self up. This why BRP cannot compete with the Mercury. This was shown to me by A person that worked for OMC as A racing tech consultant. This person showed me the differences between the OMC engine, & the Mercury engine. (btw he raced A  Mercury 200 weekends while working at OMC)