Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Community Manager

WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR EVINRUDE?

[ Edited ]

Tell us what you love most about your Evinrude engine and why!

574481_435479259828553_1454951073_n.jpg    217969_482830395063059_1425312687_n.jpg    320272_538938506873_1997912784_n.jpg

Through E-NATION, you can chat with fishing pros, get tips on fishing and boating, ask questions in the community forums and learn how to get more out of your boat and engine.

Help us to continue to build the community dedicated to water, power, fishing, and fun.
Mate

Re: What Do You Love About Your Evinrude?

What's not to love?    I replaced my 98 Johnson Venom 225 with an 08 225 E-Tec HO.  It starts first time, every time! Great hole shot and 7-9 mph increase in top end!  Finally my 14 year old Triton competes with and beats the brand new Mercs & Yamahas.

Mate

Seldom have I purchased anything where the match between expectations and performance  has been so great.So it is with my new Evinrude.I am amazed at its fuel efficiency and how quiet it is when  I am trolling..I am very pleased with all aspects of this motor.

Mate

I just purchased a 2012 etec 250 - and I love the winterizing process!  Never again do I need to pay the marina just to winterize my boat!  I replaced an agin Optimax and the Etec is so much quieter with more power, love it!

Mate

Fuel economy & quiet

I love my Evinrude because it gets 2 time the gas milage than previous engine. I also love the quietness of the engine. I can actually carry on a conversation without yelling to be heard over the engine noise.

Mate

Where to start?  I have to say there are many things I love about my E-Tec.  Here is the list in not special order:

- quiet running

- low trolling speed

- easy to winterize

- fuel burn is incredible

- sips xd oil

- starts every time

- the professional E-tek mechanics are fantastic

I will be looking a pair of these when I repower my cat.

Regards........

Captain

We love our Evinrude because it can reliably get us out on the water, and safely get us back.  All the features and benefits of owning an Evinrude are there to remind you that you are running the most technologically advanced engine on the market, and when it comes to technology the E-TEC uses less fuel, less oil, and far less service than the competitors.  To us it all adds up to peace of mind.  Evinrude engines and the people that work at BRP Evinrude have been the best, thank you for having Hook n’ Look represent your brand.

Wow Slider 3.jpg

Hook N' Look
Skipper

I really don't have any dislikes - Runs great - reliable. Winterization is a snap and zero maint. for three years. Spend more time on the water!!!

Captain

I'm a small boat guy. Have owned a 1964 3hp Evinrude a 1986 15hp Evinrude a 1996 25hp Johnson and now my

2011 30hp e-tec tiller steer on my Lund SSV-16 fishing boat. All these motors were bought new and gave me great service but so far this one is the best. It trolls like a jewell, burns about 2/3 as much fuel as the 25 it replaced yet it has

quite a bit more power and starts instantly either by pull start or the electric starter. The oil injection system seems to be totally reliable and even left at the default setting uses very little oil. I think Evinrude really got it right here, the fuel economy and low emissions of a four stroke along with the simplified maintenance and power of a 2 stroke combined

in one great package. E-TEC!

Mate

I just bought my second Evinrude in two years. After buying a new, bigger and better boat, I needed a new and bigger E-TEC to push it. I opted for the H.O. and it is all I knew it would be and more. My partner and I always get a bit of a laugh on tournament mornings listening to the "other" brands of motors and how they sound like they are coming apart on the inside. One thing that is not funny is smelling their raw gas and oil smoke. I really enjoy how quiet my motor is compared to the other brands, and I am always amazed at how quick it fires up....first time, every time. Plus we do not choke every one around us with exhaust. I am amazed at how Evinrude has made an engine with so much power and yet still is so efficient and clean running. That is impressive! Thanks guys for giving us such a great product!