Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Re: What Do You Love About Your Evinrude?

What I Love about my Evinrude E-TEC is that I have prooven all the anti E-TEC guys wrong!

I have been a Mercury owner for over 30 years but when it came to re-powering my Ranger bass boat recently I did a lot of research and bought a 150HO E-TEC. Many of my friends and other boaters warned me that I was making a big mistake!!

I believe that the simple 2 stroke but high tech design of the E-TEC is what sets Evinrude apart from all other engines available today. There are far more complicated 2 stroke designs and even more complex 4 stroke engines with a lot more moving parts to choose from but I liked the way the E-TEC was designed... it will be far more reliable and able to deliver that ledgendary 2 stroke power, torque and performane that we all love with minimal service and maintainance.

Well after three years of absolute problem free use I know I made the right decision!!

I love the envious looks I get from the guys when I just touch the key and the E-TEC jumps to life and just quietly purrs. (Nothing starts this quick or easy!)

I love how smooth it runs! (I think you could place a wine glass on the cowling and not see a ripple in the glass, now that's smooth!) 

I love not having to do oil changes! 

I love the winterizing feature here in Canada that comes in handy!

I love the wide open throttle speed and performance!

I love the fuel ecconomy!

I love how little XD-100 oil it uses!

I love how there is no smoke!

I love the built in engine tilt support! (No need for a transom saver!)

I love the confidence I have in this engine!

I love how I would go and buy another one and not think twice!

BRP got it right and I hope we see more of this amazing technology from Evinrude in the future!

Skipper

As a first time owner of a outboard I did my research, compared to all other outboards Evinrude is the best bang for the money. Evinrude is quieter, lighter, safer for the enviorment then any other outboard on the market in its class, and gets me to the fishing spots and back safely everytime! Evinrude for life!

Photobucket
Mate

Love- Runs like a top

Why- What`s more to love?

Evinrude 115 Etec on back of a Starweld 18ft walk through windshield.

Mate

[ Edited ]

I love how easy it is to winterize. I love that it is environmently friendly.

Skipper

Re: WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR EVINRUDE?

Smooooooth, quiet , fast and reliable.

Looks good too.

What else is there....

Kent

Mate

Getting the motor ready for winter storage.

Mate

Love my 200 HO E-Tec as 1) It starts right away, 2) It's easy to maintain (no messy oil changes as in my previous 4 stroke), and 3) winterization is a cinch from the helm.  Reliability and simplicity is what it comes down to.

DSC00400.JPGStriper 003.jpg

Skipper

Good looks, reliability, lack of smoke, quiet operation, torque, I-Command gauges and, most of all, the E-Tec extended the range of my 30 gallon tank by 60 miles.  

Mate

Before I make any major purchase (and sometimes minor ones too!) I have been told that I become an exhaustive (and often exhausted) technical researcher. I found that the E-TEC stands head and shoulders above anything else in so many respects that I just couldn’t see purchasing anything else.

The choice was easy because every aspect I considered, and not just the ones of highest priority to me, pointed toward the E-TEC technology. Remarkably low emissions, fuel economy, low oil consumption, performance, ease of winterization and fogging, low maintenance, computer-controlled engine break-in, alternator output for charging batteries, low overall weight. The E-TEC has it all in one package.

After two seasons of use, the E-TEC has shown my high expectations to be well-founded. Instant starts every time, smooth, quiet, and reliable- I can count on it!

Did I say I love everything about my E-TEC?

Thank you Evinrude!Smiley Happy

Skipper

Upgraded from an older 175CC Seachaser / 115 Suzuki  to a 2012 190DC Bluewave / 150 Etec.

Pin you back in your hole shot!

About 28 mph better top end! (Translates to a great cruise speed)

Burns much less gas and oil!

No smoke! (None at all)

Extremely quite!

Starts first try every time!

Smooth from idle to WOT!

I have a couple friends with Opti's that are kicking themselves!!!