Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Re: WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR EVINRUDE?

I have bought not one - but two e-tec motors.  They are both amazing.  Top of the line.  I walked into a marina store one day, and saw my first one perched high above the others - literally - on Manitoulin Island, Canada.  I bought it on-site and have since bought a much larger boat and evinrude motor.  Nothing compares to it.  I always feel sad when I see so many boats with others motors on them.  I know that I have purchased the boat, and feel privileged to be on Lake Superior with my evinrude motor(s).

Mate

A few months ago I opted for a new 2015 150HO E-TEC for my 18-foot Boston Whaler Guardian. I looked for quite awhile at various motor brands, spoke with many dealers, and even went to the Charleston, SC boat show to look and learn. It was a lot of money to spend, and I was intent on doing my own due diligence to ensure I chose the best product to meet all of my wants and needs.

Appearance-wise, I'm olde school and wanted a standard, simple and streamlined look. That said, Evinrude upped the game with this new HO Model, and the very classy E-TEC graphics greatly exceeded my expectations - wow!!! Sorta sums it up. Fantastic design, Evinrude!

Of course, good looks mean little if there isn't reliable juice under the hold. On performance and maintenance, acceleration and speed of this HO are impressive; it starts simply, is quiet, smooth, and sips fuel. It starts like my F150! How cool is that!!? For 3 years it is like maintenance free, and the engine has a 7 year warranty. That speaks volumes on Evinrude's own confidence on a superior product.

I bought from Johnson Marine in a small town (Orangeburg, South Carolina). This ETEC dealer bent over backwards to exceed all of my expectations, his rigging of the new motor was impeccably neat and well done, and his high degree of integrity in all discussions and product representations speaks highly of his dealership and of Evinrude.

In all, my overall experience with this purchase and motor remains exceptional. Evinrude really outdid themselves with this great product, and I look forward to many years of good service.

P.S. I don't work for Evinrude, and I didn't receive any compensation for these nice words - I'm just a regular Joe buyer, boat driver, and fisherman that is happy with a great product. Thanks!
Admiral

WhalerGuardian,

Thank you for your thoughts and comments on your Evinrude E-TEC. We appreciate hearing our customer's comments after a new purchase.  The Evinrude E-TEC is a very popular repower for the Boston Whaler as it not only performs so well, but it is lighter than the 4 stroke competition and that is important, especially on the classic "Whalers."

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

i just buy a new etec 90 hp i like it so quiet on the water so strong to bring me home when the rain start i hope many year of service like my old evinrude 35 hp 1957  maybee that one gone be my last one and my son gonne use it for many year to

evinrude motor it not for life it for many life from father to son good job evinrude keep going  with us on the water

michel

montreal

quebec

canada 

Skipper

Absolutely nothing. It has run hot since day one, trim tilt keeps failing, and no oil alarms are driving my husband crazy. 

Admiral

Amlord1132 wrote:

Absolutely nothing. It has run hot since day one, trim tilt keeps failing, and no oil alarms are driving my husband crazy. 

Please send an email with an explanation of your engine issues along with its serial number to  brp.care@brp.com as they are here to help you. 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

I have sent numerous emails to Evinrude.consumers@brp.com, but no one ever returns calls. I have just forwarded themany many emails to the brp.care email. We expect to hear from someone immediately.
Skipper

i purchased a new90 horse e tech 2 months ago and it has been flawless so far . its starts quickly and absoluly has no smoke .i i love the fuel economy and the low oil consuption of the motor.MY family has owned nothing other than evinrudes they have all been extremly reliable. great motor thanks brp /evinrude

Skipper

I chose a pair of 3.4 l g2 200hp ho engines, on a brand new Bluewater 2550. Still waiting for the first ride due to the boat being custom built for my wife and I. We just found out the other day that Evinrude wants to have our boat at the 2017 Miami Beach International Boat Show.... All I can say is what an honor!
I chose Evinrude outboard's for the two stroke performance, low maintenance, cool looks. And to be surrounded by the dreamer's that have those other engines but will be blown away by ours. Two thumbs up to Evinrude!
Admiral

Thank you for sharing the good news. That has to make you feel proud to have chosen such an eye-catching nice rig.