Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Re: WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR EVINRUDE?

I loved my ,06 90 HP etc on my 17" aluminum fishing boat, never a problem that motor would hold any rpm for how ever long you wanted to keep it there,,,

Now, for my new 200 ho g2, I'm not happy at all, rigged it on a alumacraft ,19" fishing boat and it lasted me 5 hrs,,,,😭😭😭 not cool, and my dealer does not know when it will be fixed,,, going bonkers,, good thing it's snowing here and starting to make ice, time to sit in the ice castle and day dream about my new boat with the blown up g2, looks sweet, I geuss
Mate

This is the best purchase that me and my wife made in 2016. I re-powered my 1965 fiberform Spokane with a 50 hp E-Tec from the 1956 thunderbolt mercery two stroke that was on the boat.. This is what this boat was waiting for and what I was wanting, I did reserch every night, youtube, forms, dealers, I was looking for the best outboard that our buget could buy and what I  thought would look good on this boat,  After seeing the EvinRude  tug-a-war I was sold. What I love about my

E-Tec 50  is that it is super quiet, no smoke, 6 year warranty and no maintenace for 3 years, "How great is that". This is our first new outboard purchase and it won't be our last as long as it is a EvinRude.

Thanks EvinRude for makeing a great American product.

boat2016.jpg

Captain

[ Edited ]

In 2012 i decided to repower from my 1982 90 evinrude on a 17 foot cedarstrip boat.Very happy camper.Quickly due to fishing needs i bought a 1976 starcraft ss160 bowrider rated for 85hp.The combo of 60hp etec and ss160 has been pleasing.I run a older sst prop reworked to a 16 pitch.Perfect comboDead on 6000 rpm speed 32 gps which is expected .This motor runs flawlessly everytime and starts with just a bump of the key in any condition.From new till now i ran reg gas with the motor set on the tcw3 setting.Ive now gone to xd100 setting and as usual still runs flawless.No matter how much i load up the boat she just grunts and goes.Went to camp with 40 gallons of gas,50 lbs of propane,3 people,food,beer,etc.I was worried she wouldnt run too well with all that weight.Waste of time,she just grunted and went like normal with a loss of maybe 2 to 3 mph tops.Total powerhouse.Sorry forgot to mention i bought a new 2011 in spring of 2012 with 6 year warranty.As i type this im in the end stages of a redo of the ss160.New floor and all rivets sealed and all soaked foam gone.This should improve overall running greatly.

Admiral

[ Edited ]

82rude,Thank

Thank you for sharing your story of your E-TEC and SS160. That 60 HP must perform well as it is stronger than the old 3-cylinder 70 HP engines that were a popular package with that rig back in the day.

I too had a Starcraft SS16, 1973, with a Johnson 85 on it as I did a lot of waterskiing back then.  That 16-footer bowrider helped raise my kids and taught them water sports, fishing, and how to handle and dock boats. We kept the boat almost 26 years and sold it for a larger one. It still is often the subject of conversations at family gatherings.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.  Enjoy your Evinrude E-TEC

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Well for starters........It looks frikin awesome! But besides that, the 8 yr warranty is unbelievable. I repowered my 2016 Key West 230BR from a 2015 Yamaha 250 SHO to a 2017 Etec G2 250 HO. I picked up an impressive 5 mph on top end, tons of midrange and the hole shot is crazy good. The boat handles rough water much better. I presume its because the boat rides higher in the water. With the Yami it pounded the waves in rough seas. with the G2 it gets over the waves and rides better. I switched because I had an 06 Etec 225 and it was great and ran flawlessly for 8 years, then I sold the boat to a friend and he still has the boat to this day with no issues other than maintenace. The I trim is a really nice feature too. I get alot of crap from people around here though. Buncha RUDE hatters! 

Admiral

HI,

We are always happy to hear from our family of satisfied Evinrude owners. Thank you for sharing with us.

Enjoy your time on the water and always boat safe.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.