Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

g2 250 30 hour review

i just rolled 30 hours on my re powre set up. this engine keeps a smile on my face every time i turn the key. i still am not able to get over the power and torque i was missing with the old 4 stroke. so far i have used about 70 gallons of fuel and 2 gallons of oil. this includes prop testing and break in period. in all i am happy with this engine and congrats to evinrude for being daring enough to bring these to market..

Admiral

Re: g2 250 30 hour review

Those engines are amazing, aren't they? .  Thank you for your kind comments.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Skipper

Same engine, same report after 50 hrs. Upgraded both boat and engine after years of alternating prayer and cursing each time I tried to start the old '83 70 hp on a crowded boat ramp. With my new G2 250, I have nothing left to pray/curse ... except the fish. Apparently, there is no fish catch warranty with the G2s. 🐟😖. Thanks BRP!
Admiral

Thanks for joining the E-TEC G2 family.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.