Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

poor quality motot

I would like to disown the Evinrude family.  I have been a waterman for over 30 years and am sooooo sorry that I ever bought an Evinrude.  This is the worst, most unreliable piece of junk I have ever owned.  I am sorry that I switched from my old reliable Mercury and would love to be rid of this evinrude.  And to think I saved my money to pay so much cash for a brand new motor.   I will never purchase another Evonrude in my lifetime, nor will my children, grandchildren, or any other relarive or acquaintance of mine.  I can't emphasize enough how disappointed and frustsrated I am with this entire experience.  Not only is the motor a piece of junk, the service I have received from the dealer I purchased it from has been even worse.  I advice anyone considering the purchase of an Evinrude to BUY SOMETHING ELSE.!!! THIS MOTOR IS NOTHING BUT A PIECE OF JUNK, AND THE COMPANY DOES NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT.  SAVE YOURSELF A LOT OF GRIEF AND BUY ANYTHING ELSE!!!

Joseph Gillett

Chincoteague, VA

Skipper

Re: poor quality motot

[ Edited ]

Well that is quite a rank..but do you have anything specific to add?

What motor? What problems you've had?

This sounds more of a Mercury troll than a disgruntled owner!!

Admiral

Hello Joseph,

We are sorry to hear of your situation and would be glad to forward your concerns to folks who can look into this for you.

Could you post a brief history of your motor and the serial number?

Thank you.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Highlighted
Mate

What made you try a Evinrude after all those 30 Waterman Years being with Team Mercury? I will tell you why, cause you had Issues with your Mercury many times. If you have been using Outboards for 30 years you would have been a Team Yamaha, not Team Jercury. I hear great things about the New E-Tecs. Your Complaint has done a Very Savvy Idea and that was to........Make an Outboard look GREAT. I have played with drawing some ideas that i have repeated for the last 15 Years and my Idea of making an Outboard Nice looking came after I saw the HONDA. If there was ever, ever a Fuglky Outboard they own it, Honda. This is an amazing problem that the Bets Japanese Corporation in the "everything" Business has designed! I could never buy a Great Engine cause it looks so bad. I would be ashamed Trailing my Boat around with that Moon Ball on my Rig. E-Tech you got the Idea and maybe it was from me but, I know you will never Cop to it!