Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

115 E-Tec Problems

I h ave a 2013 115 E-Tec on my 22'pontoon boat and have had several issues with it. High oil comsumption which they did fix, high gas usage no fix, would not go above an idle, replaced the oil pump, motor steams after running looks like its on fire, had to replace a lift switch, no will not rev above 5200 rpm when it did 6000, fouling pulgs.... At my wits end. wilson653@comcast.net 302-382-4344 if any suggestions. Evinrude hard to get up wtith. Dealer has tried...... HELP.

Kevin Wilson

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: 115 E-Tec Problems

We are sorry to hear of your problems as that is not normal.

Please post the engine serial number and we can then forward your information to the appropriate people who can help with your situation.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.