Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

First time out trouble already

First time out my 25hr E-tec went into safe mode  again, I thought this motor was bullet proof. I hope some of the big shots at Evinrude see what kiind of problems I`ve hand with this motor. Make sure you send me that same paragraph theirs never just one thing wrong with a boat.

Skipper

Re: First time out trouble already

We just purchased a 150 H.O. and took it out for the first time it to went into safe mode.( no oil alarm) Took it back to the dealer the next day and they found air bubbles trapped in the sensor, so they bled the entire system. Once we got the boat back and took it out and the exact same thing happened. Again took it back to the dealer and they replace the oil pump and sensor. They took it for a ride and the same thing happened to them, but while on the water they discovered a crack in the in-line oil filter. If they would cover the crack the alarm would go out. So needless to say a new in-line oil filter is being installed.
Highlighted
Admiral

Re: First time out trouble already

Has your dealer determined what was the cause?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.