service number.They told me to
contact my dealer and acquire from
them. So I contacted dealer and they
told me to contact Evinrude.
When I told the dealer what your customer
Service department told me they told
Me to contact Evinrude Nation and
Maybe they could provide.
I made a large investment with Evinrude.
It should not be this difficult to acquire
the information I am looking for. It should
have been supplied with engine.
Where can I get engine operating parameter
information that shows normal engine
temperature in idle and higher speeds? Normal
Oil pressure? What is normal generators
amp output min/max for batteries? Is there a
complete manual with this information I can buy
or acquire?
Thank you
Ray Mcleod

Admiral

Re: Operating Parameters and Owners Manual

[ Edited ]

I am very surprised that your dealer did not give you the operator's guide (owners manual) as that is included with every Evinrude outboard motor.  On delivery, you and the dealer are required to sign the pre-delivery inspection (PDI) form that not only shows how the boat was rigged and tested by the dealer, but that you were instructed in its use and maintenance and that you received the engine operator's guide. This form is a document that an Evinrude dealer has to keep on file.

Did you buy your rig from an authorized Evinrude dealer?

You can download a free copy of the operators guide that contains the answers to all your questions.

http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/OperatorsGuidesAttachments/OwnersManuals_EJ/attach/AFA/216348_EN....

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Captain

Hello blue water bill,
I just signed up with Evinrude Nation for the first time yesterday. There were several forums available. So being new I put in an ad in the each of the forums, to first introduce myself to everyone at Evinrude nation, which had a brief description of my brand new Evinrude Etec G2 engine, my brand new Andros Boat, and finally information on a newly designed lifting device for me since I'm in a wheelchair. I thought mentioning that would be a very important topic to pass on to Evinrude nation for all the people who are disabled, or all the people who have family members that are disabled could get out on the water like I have done and live life to the fullest. Maybe buy a boat and an Evinrude engine and have fun. I also added another post on not having an owners manual that provides the operating parameters of my new engine such as normal operating temperature of engine at idle, or at normal cruise speed. There should be temperature ranges min/max that you do not want to exceed. Normal oil pressure range, normal amps range for batteries, and all other pertenant data pertaining to my engine. I did receive an Evinrude operating guide but it does not have this information as you stated it did in your reply. There is a lot more to know about this engine then what's in the operating guide. I believe I need the complete owners/maintence manual. In my life I spent 22 years as an air traffic controller, I have flown airplanes, and I have race cars. It is important weather in a car, a plane, or a boat to pay close attention to engine data. Some rely on computers to do everything but I'm old school and prefer reading instruments and making the right choices.
In regards to your reply, bluewater bill, my boat was built by Andros Boats in Sarasota Fl., they are very good partners with envirude, and the engine was installed by an authorized personnel, and yes I did receive an owners guide.
So if anyone out there has the information I am looking for I would greatly appreciate input.
Ray McLeod 478-718-4915

mcleodbonairega mcleodbonairega Mate
Mar 29
Hello Everyone, I just took delivery on my brand new Andros Tarpon 26ft Fishing Boat with my new ETEC G2 300hp engine. Andros Boat also fitted my boat with a wheelchair Lifting Device to get me in/out of boat. Very cool. I Attached a video clip on other forum sites. Looking forward to doing some serious fishing in and around the Pensacola Fl. pass.
Highlighted
Admiral

I guess I did not fully understand your initial questions, forgive me.

See your dealer to order the complete factory service manual as it contains the technical and repair information.

As a former pilot and boat racer I understand the need to know the condition and operation of the engine at all times. Be aware that the engine computer, EMM, controls the operation of the engine and that some parameters are not adjustable or able to be modified  - engine idle speed is one such item.

Here are some articles that you may find informative.

EMM Unwrapped - E-NATION 
http://www.evinrudenation.com/owner-zone/emm-unwrapped/

Understanding the E-TEC Fuel Injector - E-NATION 5-15
http://www.evinrudenation.com/owner-zone/understanding-the-e-tec-fuel-injector-by-bill-grannis/

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.