Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

icommand suddenly stopped displaying information

I have a 2015 g2 300hp with the 3" display. The display turns on when started but suddenly no details are being displayed, no trim, rpm, oil level, nothing!!. Anyone have a suggestion?? I've disconnected the batteries and reconnected, still come in but nothing diplayed.
Admiral

Re: icommand suddenly stopped displaying information

[ Edited ]

Does the gauge act is if the key is turned off, or is it energized but no data is visible?

Refer to the troubleshooting section in your gauge's operators guide and also to the wiring diagrams shown in the back of the manual. If the cause is not found, contact your Evinrude dealer.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Skipper

it's energized and can switch between displays but no data appears. The gauge had been working since purchased...
Skipper

I read & want to confirm the owners manual indicates a possible solution as follows:
Turn the key to "on" position, adjust trim function and then start the engine within 10 seconds.
Does that sound right, considering my gauge is energized? If so, I'll try it first before taking it back to the dealer & advise outcome.
Admiral

You can give that a try but it sounds like the network data is not reaching the gauge. Visually inspect the wiring from the gauge that you can see and disconnect and reconnect things to make sure there is a good connection for each component and that no pins are bent or deformed.

If you take it to the dealer, ask that the software be updated if needed and that the engine and controls be updated at the same time. Often updating only one item can affect the other systems if everything is not the latest versions.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                                                 -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. If you elect to do it yourself, be sure to use caution, common sense, and to observe all safety procedures in the vicinity of gasoline, moving engine parts, high temperature components, heavy items, and electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.
Highlighted
Skipper

I had same issue and purchased I-COM Tester Kit part #0765023 for around $70.  Just start at the EMM harness coming directly from the module and work your way through your linear configuration until you get to section not testing as the instructions indicate.  really easy and it will save you a lot of time and headaches.  The upgrade as Bill mentioned cant hurt, but I wouldnt mess around with any restart kind of activities.  I found a defective harness section from my rear hub to the front hub.  Good luck.