Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Re: E-Link use with iPad

Thanks, but it doesn't work on my iphone either, and conservatively speaking, I've probably entered the password (correctly) a dozen times on each device. Guess I'll have to wait for the dealer to get an answer from Evinrude for me. If there is a solution, I'll post it for the benefit of others.

Captain

If you can get access to an Android device try that, if it doesn't work you likely have a defective E-Link.

Captain

Apparently none of the new E-links are working with any device. BRP are apparently working on it.

https://www.etecownersgroup.com/post/elink-not-connecting-9685829

Skipper

The password located on the rear of my E-Link hub reads "EvinrudeELink". Today I discovered a recent post on another site that stated the E-Link password had been changed to "EvinrudeiLINK" (presumably after my units' manufacture). Entered the new password, and bingo, connected instantly.

I wonder whether the "issue" that BRP is feverishly working on involves learning how to communicate beyond corporate walls, as even my dealer hadn't been advised of the problem or solution. 

Thanks to all on this site who tried to help. 

Admiral

[ Edited ]

If you have version PGF479_A3, the password should be EvinrudeiLINK. Version PGF479_A1 is the old password, EvinrudeELink. They are addressing current inventory and will have new labels to reflect this change.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.