Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Evinrude Warrantee Repair Service

Im trying to get service done to our Evinrude motor. Ive been talking to the dealership that has had it for 5 weeks and recently spoke to Evinrude. No one seems to know what is going on. It was repaired at another dealership under warrantee. They charged me for work and parts they did not replace. I am now having issues possibly related to the work they did or didnt do on the engine. Of course now the warrantee has expired while all this is going on. Im hoping Evinrude is going to approved this work to be done under warrantee due to the circumstances. Any advice?

Admiral

Re: Evinrude Warrantee Repair Service

Evinrude is very good at customer service and is very generous with good will when needed.

Have you been in touch with the dealer and whomever you talked on the phone when you called the after-sales support number?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Re: Evinrude Warrantee Repair Service

Bill, I have called Evinrude several times talked to several different people. Emailed a gentleman in Canada, got an email back, he told me who to call. I called there Friday. He said they are looking into it. I emailed BRP this morning. Someone emailed me right back and asked for serial number and I also gave the case number I had been given. That was this morning since I asked for advice on here. Now that I have positvely made contact myself with Evinrude I am hopeful that something positve will come out of this. Thank you for getting back to me.