Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Installation hjelp for new evinrude e-tec 150 g2

Repower / Installation of new evinrude e-tec 150 g2 questions. (boat from 2005)

- starting up the engine???
Do not want to go all the way to the dealer with a trailer for him to connect to computer , but if I must I will have to. Can I start it, and start to use it? I have the predelivery check list, and I can do everything without this software set up / update. The rason I'll ask is I get different answere depending of what evinrude dealer I ask. " If it starts up and runs, be happy and use it". "do not start up before you have calibrated different stuff" , and "you want be abel to start using it without going to the dealers workshop".

- have icon 3,5c display gauge in the installation package. This is dead. Its connected to the harness and it does gets power when I turn the key on (cheked it) , it is connected to the nmea 2000 to. The "horn kit assy" is missing? Is this optional? can I get it running with BRP software/computer connected ? Can I call the dealer and tell him the brand new instrument is dead, or am I missing anything here.?

-fuel tank level to nmea 2000? In the kit I have the possability to connecte the analog fuel level transmitter to nmea 2000. But, its suppose to have 2 wires. (red/black) The boat does only have 1 gray wire from the level sender. (The fuel tank is allso connected to negative /ground / minus.) Question: how to connect correct? Level sender to red + black to minus, or : level sender to black and positive to red?

Thanks
Admiral

Re: Installation hjelp for new evinrude e-tec 150 g2

It is against Evinrude company policy for a dealer to sell a new motor in the box to a customer. Today's engines need to be rigged correctly, calibrated, bleed, started, inspected, and tested by a trained technician. The predelivery form is a requirement that both the dealer and the customer has to sign and an engine report has to be kept with it. After that has been accomplished, the dealer can then register the motor with Evinrude for warranty.

Do not run your motor, a tech has to properly bleed the oil system, calibrate the trim, and inspect the network and controls for proper assembly and operation. Steering is another item that has to be carefully installed as it is a safety issue.  Any problems due to incorrect or uninspected installation or setup could void that part of the engine warranty.  Please do not not take chances.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.